Bilingual Account Coordinator
rock-it promotions is a busy and growing, award-winning communications agency in downtown Toronto. Our clients represent the best in fashion, food, lifestyle and entertainment brands. We take pride in our ability to get them the media and public attention they deserve.
rock-it’s goal for this position:
The firm will rely on the Account Coordinator to support dedicated client account teams and their program needs. The Account Coordinator role is hands-on and will involve assistance with various tasks including media monitoring, tracking and reporting, list building and draft writing, research and onsite event involvement.
This role involves a wide range of activities requiring clear communication, excellent organizational skills and superior attention to detail. The Account Coordinator will work well under pressure, meeting tight timelines while ensuring smooth and efficient execution of events and projects as directed by the account team.
As a high performing Account Coordinator, you will actively build your skills, expand your sphere of influence and drive results that advance the company’s needs.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• With support from Publicity Volunteers where applicable, responsible for all media monitoring, tracking and reporting for assigned accounts including clippings and scans of all press hits, keeping them organized in dedicated client account folders
• Updates and maintains media tracker reports
• Assists with the drafting of media materials as required for Account Specialist review and edit
• Researches media outlets as required as well as all event catering, car service, visual elements, entertainment, photographer, etc. for event planning needs
• Responsible for media/event list development
• Supports Account Manager/Account Specialist with media pitching as required
• RSVP tracking/follow up for event needs
• Provides onsite event support (i.e. guest check-in, front/back of house, photographer assistance, etc.)
• Prepares draft event flows/run of show and event briefing kits as required
• Prepares draft annual, program or event wrap reports as well as annual press clipping books if requested
• Account asset maintenance (i.e. logos, look books, boiler plates, bio’s, images, etc.)
• Sample management
• Takes meeting minutes and keeps all account status docs up to date for senior members of the team
• Sends meeting planners (for all account meetings & event dates)
• Organizes courier/invitation send-outs
• Coordinates any hospitality, transportation or travel planning for client or senior members of the dedicated account team, working with the office manager if required
• Provides other duties and administrative support to the dedicated account team as required
• One to three years agency and/or in-house (corporate) experience
• Previous PR agency or in-house PR experience
• Diploma or undergraduate degree in related field preferred
• Bilingual (English/French)
• Proactive, positive and productive communication with your fellow employees
• Ability to work extended hours include early morning media appointments and evening events
• Complies with company standards in all social media activity
To be considered for advancement, an Account Coordinator will have demonstrated consistent success in the roles and responsibilities described above and have led broad projects in various categories. S/he will also have demonstrated the ability to deliver on assigned tasks in a timely manner, be an active asset in supporting dedicated account teams and show continuous initiative to move to the next level by going above and beyond assigned duties.
Our volunteer program offers a well-rounded experience to delve into the full scope of work required to understand a job in public relations and marketing communications. The program runs in three sessions (Jan – Apr, May – Sept, Sept – Dec) and is full-time; Monday to Friday; 9-5:30 p.m.
For some further information, below is a list of key tasks and responsibilities for the publicity volunteer role:
Media monitoring and tracking (print, online, broadcast and social media)
Preparing all media clippings and saving into client specific folders
Delivering client/campaign reports to account teams as required
Draft press releases/alerts as required
Client event, account or industry research as required
Event planning support
Database development (i.e. rock-it promotions resources – venues, caterers, DJs, etc.)
Coordinate any mailing/courier needs
Housekeeping and maintenance of clean and organized kitchen
Miscellaneous errands for the team as required
A commitment to fulfilling obligations to your assigned team/accounts
Organized, detail oriented and good time management skills (i.e. meeting assigned deadlines)
Proactive, positive and productive communication with your fellow employees
Being solution-focused, upbeat, responsible, reliable, and punctual
Professional and positive representation of the company at events
Ability to work extended hours include early morning media appointments and evening events
Complies with company standards in all social media activity
If you are interested in applying for our volunteer program, please send your resume and email cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We don’t have any other current positions available. If you would like to send your resume for us to keep on file, please include the desired job title in the subject line, and send your email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Many thanks, the rock-it team.